The role of civil society becomes more and more prevalent today all over the world. The responsibility of civil society resides in supporting public institutions to construction of the state of law, respect for human rights, sustainable development, building a strong society, promotion of intra-and intercultural dialogue, regional and international cooperation, sustainability of universal values.
The rationale for a European Centre for Information and Communication is based on better involvement of professors and researchers in the field of European integration knowledge in the country and the region. Transcending the means of information, communication and dissemination of knowledge of the European construction, from printed forms to pixel format, determines ICT strategies of speed, efficiency and accuracy in supporting European integration studies.
Creation of the information and communication platform for European integration studies aims:
- to facilitate the process of European construction knowledge inside and outside the academia in the country and the region;
- to impulse academic research and information relationships of specialists in European studies in the country and abroad;
- to contribute to enhancing the visibility of information, communication and scientific resources in the field of European integration studies;
- to develop synergistically resources on European integration studies through interdisciplinarity of academic areas by specialists in the country and in the region in order to promote European integration knowledge and scientific results on the basis of a European common consolidated position.
European Centre for Information and Communication represents the forgery of human resource and academic energy of all those interested in European integration knowledge, involved in the process of information and communication of educational and scientific results as well as in exploitation actions of results referring to:
- dissemination of information and knowledge on European integration studies;
- promoting the European dimension in lifelong learning through the site and other adequate forms;
- editing the electronic scientific journal focusing on research in the field of European integration studies;
- elaboration of scientific articles and other materials in the field of European integration studies by publishing them in the electronic journal or in other local and regional sources;
- placement of information and communication materials with scientific and didactic character on the site;
- publication of newsletters with news, surveys and analyses about events in the European Union and/or knowledge in the field of European integration studies.
Outputs strive - with all planned activities - to a better understanding of the process of European integration, i.e. history, institutions, legal order, policies, values. Moreover, it matters the necessity for knowledge on European integration phenomenology in the context of the European Union's growing role on the international arena.